Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Good. Better. BEST.

I want an awesome life. Not the type of life that is filled with worldly awesome things, but a life that is filled God-awesome things. I've been on a pretty interesting journey with God that last few months. One of my first blog posts here was about having God-sized dreams and how I was going to pursue mine...well guess what...my God-size dream is COMING TRUE! Ha. I laugh a little now even as I write about my new reality, but for so long I've been living a life that is filled with content. A life is that okay with 'good'. A life where something 'good' happens and I think I'm living in God's living power.

Well I'm here to remind us all that God came to give us LIFE and life to the FULLNESS! But what does a 'full life' look like? I mean I have lived a great life, a life filled with life-giving truth. But could there be more? Does the reality of God truly wanting to give us a truly full life really reign true in our life?

This brings me to the title of this post. Good. Better. BEST! I know that God wants good things for all of his children. And believe me, I can look back on my short 24 year long life and point out countless 'good' things. But my challenge is for myself and anyone who cares to read this...what if we wait for God's 'better' things...or even 'BEST' things? We could go through life choosing the first opportunity that God places in front us thinking that's all He's going to offer, but what if God has more for us and if we are willing to wait just a little longer, we would be able to experience the God-awesome things he has.

Now don't get me wrong, God will use every choice that we decide to make to his glory and his will, but I am trying something a little different in my life right now. I am really good at choosing the 'good' things that come along in my life, some of may be that I don't think I am good enough for anything more. But after pursuing my God-sized dream, and it coming true, it made me stop and think a little. What if these dreams aren't really that giant of things, but really just the amazing, great, best things that God has in store for me? What if I choose to just trust in the maker of this creation, the one who is more constant than anything here on earth, the one who CHOSE to die for me? What would happen if I waited for the best things God has for me? What if?

This journey that I chose a long time ago, the one that entails a sacrificial lifestyle, I knew was going to be hard, but who knew how rewarding it could be. I challenge you all to just wait one moment, let the good things pass and let God show you the GREAT, the BEST things he has for you. They may not be perfect and filled with rainbows and butterflies. Maybe it is a job that allows you to minister to other non-believers, maybe it's an opportunity to travel to a city with an unreached people group, maybe  it's your God-sized dream, or maybe it is as simple as experiencing God's love through this human race...I don't know what the best thing is for you...but GOD DOES! and if we chose to believe that He is the God that He says He is and TRUST his goodness, we will be able to experience his GREATNESS!!

Pray for me...this journey isn't easy, but I know God has GREAT things and his BEST in store for me! I will pray for you. God is GREAT! Amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment